- Now freeware.
- Maintenance release.
- Maintenance release, mainly.
- Now supports multiple automatic backups.
- Minor bug fixes.
- When sending email, VAMP now correctly identifies itself using
the local domain.
- Added three new actions for adding the sender email address to
the Accept and Reject lists, based on a filter rule.
- minor bug fixes.
- Improvements to SMTP so that it should now work with some
- Can now apply filters (also) to messages that meet the Accept
list criteria. Previously no further processing was possible for
- The program will not now freeze if it encounters a corrupted
- Added more functionality to the Accept list - you can now forward
messages meeting the criteria in this list.
- Added an option to limit the number of messages (per mailbox) to
be processed per session - this helps to distribute the processing
time more evenly amongst mailboxes.
- Fixed the problem of Vamp crashing if the remote server dies in
the middle of a connection. Most disconnection scenarios are now
- Some minor bug fixes and cosmetic changes.
- SMTP authentication now supported.
- Added button to check for latest version.
- Added a global reject list which is available to all mailboxes.
It follows the same rules as the normal reject list.
- Some cosmetic changes and some fine-tuning.
- Accept and Reject lists can now be sorted.
- Extended functionality for Accept and Reject lists. Messages can
now be rejected or accepted based on any (defined) header field.
Previously, you had to define a filter to do this.
- Added a new action to save extracted data at the start of a file.
Previously you could only append it.
- Fixed bug where some messages in the reject list were only being
forwarded to the address that was visible in the window.
- Some fine tuning.
- when sending an attachment, vamp now sends the message text also
as an attachment.
- fixed bug which was causing program to sometimes crash if the
lines in a received message were too long.
- fixed bug which was causing the program sometimes to hang when
the recipient field was blank. Vamp now ignores (and deletes) these
messages with an entry in the log files.
- Fixed bug where the file dialog was incorrectly presenting .wav
files only while setting up external program launch.
- Added functionality where you can send commands via email to run
applications on your system from anywhere in the world.
- You can now save data to a new file (instead of appending), if
you have need for such functionality. This will overwrite the file if
- Fixed bug which was causing a "List index out of
bounds" error message when adding a new mailbox.
- Some minor bug fixes.
- This is a maintenance release.
- Fixed bug in interactive mode where the wrong header was being
shown for a message.
- Some minor bug fixes.
- Added new mail alerts. You can now have audible alerts or launch
programs, such as your mail client, when new mail arrives. This
function is different from the normal type of alerts in that it is
performed after the mail has been processed. So if you have filters
to remove 'junk' mail then you will only get this alert if
you receive 'non-junk' messages.
- You can also associate sounds with individual filters. So if you
are expecting that important message, you can now set a filter for it
and associate it with a distinctive sound. This way you don't
have to keep looking in your mailbox.
- When sending an outgoing message, you can now append text from a
- Values from multiple fields (e.g. Received) are now combined
together, separated by commas.
- Added these new directives for text extraction:-
- forward to blank line
- forward to non-blank line
- back to blank line
- back to non-blank line
- extract email in line
- back to string in line
- You can now search for spaces when extracting text.
- You can now filter on the entire text contained in the
- You can now filter on the contents of the body. You can also
specify the number of lines to scan.
- Fixed bug which was causing external programs not to be launched
if they contained spaces in the path or name.
- Implemented a work around for some non-compliant email
- Improved window layout.
- Added a button to clear the message cache.
- Added scroll bars to the text box for outgoing messages, and
added a button for line wrap.
- Added an extra field "Err" to summary
in log reports. This logs messages that could not be processed for
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- You can now specify the directory where you want to backup the
- Fixed bug in Actions dialog where if you edited a 'Fwd
msg' instruction, the new instruction was being appended to the
list instead of being inserted at the original position.
- Fixed bug which, on rare occasions, was giving a "handle is
not valid" error message and causing the program to
- Fixed bug in text extraction routine, where a string search would
only work correctly if started from the beginning of a line.
- Added Backup, Restore and Cleanup features. This gives the
ability to copy the configuration to a new machine, e.g. a laptop
- New Features:
- If outgoing message cannot be sent, for any reason, it will be
saved and an attempt made later during the next session. You can set
a maximum value for these attempts or keep trying until successfully
- The tray icon now flashes when a session is in progress.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug which would not let you delete a rejected message
unless the "Forward to" or "Return to sender"
option was also selected.
- Fixed bug which was causing Vamp to freeze when attempting to
extract text which extended to more than one line.
- Maintenance release.
- Fixed bug in registration verificaton routine - only affected the
- Maintenance release - minor bug fixes and fine tuning
- Fixed bug which generated an "Invalid date" message on